Sunday, April 19, 2009

Light and Color

Oooh, pretty! I want a light table! I've been looking at some Reggio Emilia classroom pictures for inspiration for art and discovery projects in our home classroom and found the picture above. This summer, I'm hoping to turn the classroom into a fun open discovery center for the children, and then go back to mostly Montessori in the Fall. Check out these awesome translucent blocks I found online! They would be great for exploring color and shape on a light table:

Moolka sells them here in the U.S.A., but they're not cheap:

Oh good St. Nick, won't you please bring us a Light Table? Even a Tabletop Light Box would do!:

If you enjoyed this post feel free to Follow the Blog!

3 comments:

  1. You could ask a local hospital or health centre if they have an old x-ray box around they don't want... I'm in the UK but I once had one when they updated to digital imaging for the x-rays!
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenni,
    Thank you for the idea! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are several DIY light box tutorials on instructables.com, some of them quite inexpensive to make.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!