Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"Summertime, and the living is easy"

copyrighted photo by my handsome husband

Wouldn't that be nice?
Life is never really quite what you expect it to be. What's that they say?
"If you want to make God laugh, make plans."

I asked my husband to stop me if I came up with any ideas to start a new business. It seems my mind is always working and always coming up with something new, although this time around it was him who approached me with an awesome idea that we're going to work on in the "slower" winter months. Anyhow, I told him I was just going to concentrate on the kids schooling and try to double that as my hobby. If anything, for some variety, I would take up baking and sewing.
My plans for this summer were to visit at least once a week one of the following because we have memberships: the zoo, botanic gardens, aquarium, and local kids hands on science museum in addition to our weekly trip to the library.

We were off to a good start at the beginning, but got off track with a "spur of the moment" trip to visit family in another state. It was lots of fun and I wouldn't trade it for the world, but I'm the type of person who is really happy following a routine with a little bit of flexibility. Once I get off that track, I'm kind of like an ant who gets off course when a twig or stone is put in the way of it's path.
Besides taking our out of state trip, I recently got involved with a group of friends wanting to start a Catholic Montessori school. So far, it has taken a lot of my time and brain power! However, a valuable lesson I have learned is to not put too much on my plate and remember to take care of my primary responsibilites.

On a side note, two weeks ago I got my four wisdom teeth taken out at the same time and my lower right lip and chin are still numb! I've been slow to heal and can't really eat much solids so I've been drinking a lot of V8 and eating yogurt and berries lovingly made by my husband. Looking at the silver lining, I've unintentionally lost a few pounds and could probably stand to loose a few more (5 babies in almost 8 years of marriage will give you a good baby pouch!).

So far, summer has been busy, but we've definitely had some great moments in there. Birthday parties, 4th of July, family sleep out in the clubhouse, concerts in the park, as well as many more to surely come.

Anyway,the UPS man has been good to us and brought some cool Montessori resources for this coming school year. I'm excited to share my excitement for the goodies with you, in hopes that it will help you in your own homeschooling/schooling endeavors. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!