Saturday, April 17, 2010

So Blessed!

I am so excited, I almost can't even believe it. This morning, we went to a yard sale at a local art center where my husband teaches music. There is a Montessori school on the same property, so I was hoping that maybe, just maybe, I would find some items for our home classroom. Well, as I was getting excited over a 10 cent bag of clothespins for the kids to hang their art with, I spotted a set of Montessori geography maps! I ran over there to get a closer look, and the maps were actually from Montessori-n-Such! The same maps I've been wanting for ever! I already had their world map in our 6-9 classroom, and now this set included Africa, Australia, Asia, Europe, South America and the U.S.A. It didn't come with the cabinet and is missing North America, but for $20 for the set, I can't complain! There were maybe 5 puzzle pieces missing all together, so I'm hoping to contact Montessori-n-Such to see if they have replacement parts. I also found a perfect Nienhuis Sandpaper globe for.... 50 cents! I was hoping they would have more Montessori stuff, but I have to say, I am extremely pleased and feel very blessed to have found the maps and globe. Thank you once again dear Lord for taking care of us. I feel so very blessed!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, this IS a blessing! I'm jelous! Hi Susana! I just found your blog. I too am a catholic montessori homeschooling mom. Oh, and bilingual too (more Spanish than English). I found your blog searching for more info on the Catechesis of Good Shepard. Yey!
    Hope you visit my blog sometime.
    Hugs from PR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    You have been featured on The Montessori Goldmine, please pop over and have a look, if you are not happy with the post please let me know, I will happily remove it. If you are happy, please help me spread the word, help yourself to a badge and tell all your friends. Thanks,
    Jo
    http://themontessorigoldmine.blogspot.com/2010/04/culture-on-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all! God is truly amazing. He always provides and I shouldn't even be surprised by His love. I just hope I can make good use of His gifts and blessings. I don't want to let Him down!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!