Thursday, May 6, 2010

Montessori Outlet

I've searched and searched, but cannot find the email or comment from the person asking me my opinion on materials from Montessori Outlet. Since I cannot find it, I will just post my thoughts here.

Having used materials from Montessori Outlet over several years now, I have found them to be well priced for home educators, and in my experience they have held up pretty well.

The only negative thing I would say is that some of the knobs in the geometric cabinet came off, but it's not been a big deal and could easily be fixed with some super glue.

I worked with a person named Emmie Saito, and she has been nothing but helpful and patient, especially when placing a large complicated order for the home school co-op. There were a few mix ups, but they were taken care of promptly. Overall, I have been very pleased with their products and customer service.

I strongly recommend not waiting until the last minute (August, September) to place your Montessori Outlet orders, or any home schooling orders for that matter. Those are extremely busy months for companies and you will more than likely end up with back ordered items.

I personally feel that now is the time for planning and prepping for the start of the new school year, even though this school year is not even over for most people. Even if you only put in 1-2 hours a week in May, it will help you feel more organized and ready come late August or September when you start your official school year again.

I hope this helps!
-Susana

4 comments:

  1. Just FYI. I have a Neinhuis Botany cabinet, geometry cabinet and world map. All three have lost knobs from various pieces.

    Christine
    trained 3-6 AMI directress and 3-12 Catechesis of the Good Shepherd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we have a few different cabinets in our school and they've all lost knobs. We just keep gluing them back in.

    Love your blog, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I live in France, I'm searching manufacturer in China I found one montessoritoy.com the prices are very low. Do you know this manufacturer? I saw the prices of montessori outlet too but they are more expensive, and i know they buy montessori material in China.
    Can you answer me, please.
    Have a nice day!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Didne,
    I have never heard of that company before. I'm sorry I cannot help you there. Good luck! Maybe you can find some nicely used materials on the Yahoo Group, MontessoriSwap?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!