Monday, March 14, 2011

Montessori Kids Love to Cook!


It is amazing to see how my kids have blossomed over the years. My 8 1/2 year old has been helping in the kitchen since he was about 3 years old. Now he's growing up and making this  Hearty Meatball Spinach Soup recipe for dinner without my help! I keep telling my kiddos that pretty soon I'll be out of a job! His version of the soup was so much more delicious than mine too. He said his secret was adding a dash of lemon pepper to add some zing ;)

Since he's been doing so well at cooking, my husband and I decided he could choose a recipe and buy the ingredients he needs for making his choice of dinner once a week. He is so happy because of this and has even been giving cooking lessons to his younger brothers!

For fun, yesterday  he decided to make his own version the "Weenie Dogs" from the Spatulatta Cookbook
Here's a picture of the one he made for me:

Here's the proud cook

A happy younger brother excited  to try this fun food
Do your kids love to cook? The Spatulatta website has free online videos for teaching kids the basics of cooking and some how to's from the Spatulatta cookbook! Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!