Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Melted Crayon Art



I found this beautiful idea on Pinterest! I just joined and look forward to finding some wonderful ideas in my spare time. It looks like you can do this using a heat gun or blow dryer. You could also probably do this using crayon shavings. Perhaps the child could draw a picture on watercolor paper, carstock, vellum, or make a design on wax paper, and fill it with crayon shavings and then melt away! This looks so fun, I want to try it too!

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. If you choose to use crayon shavings to melt with a hair dryer make sure you first cover it with something like wax paper or else you will find yourself with shavings all over the place, the crayons used for these are normally glued down so they do not move. I thought this crayon shaving method would be a great way to make fall trees with two year olds as well but when doing a test run I found it took a bit long for them to melt so I think it would better done with slightly older kids who will keep the interest and wait to see them melt. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this on my pin board too! I love it! Make sure you posts pics if you try it! My sister and I were talking about doing yesterday! ;) Happy Pinning!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!